The S&I Corporation has published “atxpert (‘at’ + ‘expert’) AI Viewer, a new AI building security management system based on Microsoft Azure, Ghost-I AI Edge Computing from TnM Tech and NICE PaaS from Scenera, a managed Kubernetes service, which is based on Microsoft Azure infrastructure.
The combination of the technologies of these partners enables a highly scalable and easy-to-manage building security and security management system. The system can detect special events such as break-in after business hours, drive-up at the entrance, fire, loitering and more.
All events are programmed to notify security managers with real-time, low-latency notifications that provide details of such events through apps running on mobile devices, resulting in faster response times. Cameras and X-ray scanners are connected to an atxpert AI Viewer Edge Computing Processor (Ghost-I), which performs Edge AI analyzes and enables motion detection with preprogrammed AI models.
The S&I system uses existing CCTV data from buildings and makes it so easy to use. The system detects, captures and filters only necessary events instead of analyzing all streaming video images, making this model more cost-effective and saving bandwidth costs, storage and cloud-based video stream analysis. The main features of the system include:
- Building on existing security management equipment – ONVIF-compatible cameras and IoTs as well as network infrastructure for system implementation with low overhead
- Scene-based event capture helps organize events into easily searchable and indexable categories
- On-premise edge computing to reduce costs and latency in event detection and notification
- Integration of an X-ray scanner with Edge AI analysis for suspicious objects
- Still images and short clips are immediately available for viewing by security managers via apps running on mobile devices upon event detection, resulting in faster responses
- Event data collected and organized, as well as machine learning, improve over time AI models running on edge computing for greater accuracy
- Deploying new applications and updating AI models is easy with managed Kubernetes services
- High availability and low-maintenance service
- Security and data protection of data and analysis results
- Offer other detection services for specific events, such as: B. Driving at the entrance, personal incidents (falls), littering and others.
S&I completed the service development in the first quarter of 2021 and introduced this service in the buildings of the LG Group and plans to further expand this service and apply it to more customers. “Our building management know-how is reinforced by our partners’ industry-leading edge-to-cloud distributed AI services. Our commercialized services will take facility management to the next level of security, ”said Eric Kim, Chief Director of S&I Corp. “The AI analysis data that we collect in our service will further improve our capabilities and at the same time enable us to integrate additional functions. We plan to develop and offer optimized security services based on data recorded by AI from our locations. “
Microsoft Azure is the foundation of the solution and enables an edge-to-cloud pipeline managed by Scenera PaaS to effectively process high-bandwidth video streams. Azure Key Vault is used to manage the security and privacy of critical data. Azure IoT Edge is used to manage the deployment and reconfiguration of Edge AI Analytics. Azure IoT Hub will enable the management of thousands of edge devices.
The solution uses the Azure Kubernetes Service managed by Scenera to process a large number of video and IoT data streams. AI algorithms trained using the Azure cloud infrastructure can be distributed from the cloud to the edge to enable effective filtering of video data while Azure Media Storages stores filtered and indexed data.
Bharat Sandhu, Senior Director, AI and Machine Learning, Microsoft Corp., said, “At Microsoft, we are committed to enabling our partners and customers to innovate, and I am excited that this collaboration is adding real value to the building by improving the building S&I and its customers offer security and security. This architecture can be applied to a variety of applications beyond the facility management solution, including retail stores and large residential property management. “
Scenera designed and developed Platform as a Service (PaaS) in collaboration with Microsoft and has partnered with TnM Tech to provide end-to-end system integration and managed services for S&I. David Lee, CEO of Scenera, commented: “We are delighted that our collaboration with Microsoft and TnM Tech is producing an efficient and modern solution for S & I’s facility management and look forward to our services being implemented in other buildings and new companies . “
Dr. ES Hwang, CEO of TnM Tech, said: “We are excited to partner with Microsoft and Scenera to create S & I’s AI-based building security management service and will do our best to make it the most popular solution in the world. ”