PORTLAND, Oregon (KTVZ) – Fred Meyer announced that its second hybrid recruitment event, featuring virtual and on-site interviews, will be held on Wednesday, October 13, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. PST for Talented Retailers , Ecommerce, manufacturing, supply chain, merchandising, logistics, corporate, pharmaceutical and healthcare.
“Fred Meyer looks forward to welcoming new employees to our company as we prepare for an amazing Christmas season,” said Sara Parker, director of human resources. “It’s an exciting time to be in the grocery retail business, and as one of the leading retailers and employers in the Northwest, we strive to provide our employees with a culture of opportunity and careers with determination, competitive pay and perks, and flexible hours. We really want our employees to have a rewarding and uplifting experience while at the same time meeting our customers’ needs and fulfilling our promise to be stocked, fresh and friendly. “
Fred Meyer provides resources, benefits, and training to support and develop employees and make their lives easier, including:
- Wages & Benefits: Fred Meyer offers comprehensive compensation packages, including competitive salaries, health care and retirement benefits.
- Continuing education & reimbursement of tuition fees: Fred Meyer’s Tuition Reimbursement Program, which offers up to $ 21,000 for both part-time and full-time employees, covers a GED to a PhD. Since its inception, 6,789 employees nationwide have benefited from the program, with 88.4% of those who have taken advantage of the program on an hourly basis.
- Training: Fred Meyer provides role-specific on-demand training and resources via FEED desktop and mobile and modern learning platforms such as Axonify, as well as training on leadership, career advancement and diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Bless you: Fred Meyer continues to support employee safety, health and wellbeing by coaching managers to lead with compassion and empathy and through resources like The Well-Being Assistant powered by Magellan Health, which is available 24/7 and free of charge Offers counseling sessions as well as BetterHelp, another resource for mental wellbeing. The organization is also promoting the use of Whil, a wellness platform that encourages activities like mindfulness, yoga, and sleep. Additionally, the organization continues to provide a one-time payment of $ 100 to employees who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Benefits & discounts: Fred Meyer offers flexible scheduling, a prepayment option through partner DailyPay as well as discounts on groceries, electronics, housekeeping, clothing, streaming services, travel and more.
“We know a career is different for everyone, so we strive to provide employees with the tools and support they need to find their own path to success. No matter where your journey begins, we have new opportunities for everyone, ”said Parker.
Details about the rental event
Fred Meyer welcomes people who are looking for a career with meaning. To preview all available positions and to register for the hiring event, visit the company’s careers page.
About Fred Meyer
Fred Meyer Stores, based in Portland, Oregon, offers one-stop shopping in its 132 multi-department stores in four western states. Fred Meyer’s more than 39,000 employees help customers in Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, and Washington meet their food, clothing, and general goods needs. The stores range in size from 65,000 to 200,000 square feet and stock more than 250,000 products under one roof. In addition, Fred Meyer donates $ 5 million each year to communities across the Northwest through grants from the Fred Meyer Foundation, as well as product donations, monetary donations, and sponsorship. Fred Meyer also donates £ 6 million of food to local food banks each year through the Food Rescue Program. Fred Meyer Stores is a division of The Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR). For more information, please visit our website at www.fredmeyer.com.